The Mammen Family Public Library is governed by the Bulverde Area Rural Library District policies. Please review the new policy below for information on use of the meeting rooms at the library.
Bulverde Area Rural Library District
Meeting Room Policy (Approved May 13, 2019)
Meeting rooms in the Bulverde Area Rural Library District are primarily used for library programs and events, but are sometimes available for small community centered or not-for-profit/non-commercial group meetings having no charge events. Any issues not covered in Library policies will be resolved by discussion with the Facilities Manager and the Library Director. The safety and security of our staff and patrons are a factor in determining how the rooms will be used.
To request meeting room use, interested parties must agree to the Bulverde Area Rural Library District Meeting Room Policy and fill out a Meeting Room Request form. Requesters must be over 18 years of age and an MFPL card holder. The Facilities Manager will follow up by email.
A refundable deposit will be required of individuals or groups using the meeting rooms. The individual making the reservation, as well as the group as a whole, is responsible for damages that result from the group’s use of the meeting room.
These rules may be revised at any time without notice. Smoking is prohibited on Library property.
PROHIBITED USE OF LIBRARY MEETING ROOMS:
- The Library cannot accommodate private parties, social events, and/or religious services.
- Entities may not use the rooms for events to solicit money or another thing of value, charge admission, or sell, or advertise for sale, goods or services.
- Fundraising or educational events for local non-profit entities may be considered on a case to case basis.
- Alcohol may not be served in the meeting spaces without approval from the Library Director.
Community and Not-for-profit/Non-commercial groups:
Subject to room availability and Library scheduling constraints, Community and Not-for-Profit/Non-Commercial groups, who are not selling products or services, may be approved to use a meeting room during library hours, once per month, for educational, civic, cultural or intellectual pursuits. Such use is generally limited to groups with fewer than 30 people and requires advance notice.
All advertising for Community and Not-for-Profit/Non-Commercial group events must include the statement: This event is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bulverde Area Rural Library District or Mammen Family Public Library. The library’s phone number should not be given out as a contact for inquiries about the event.
The Library reserves the right to reschedule an event in case of emergency or unforeseen circumstances.
Tutors are welcome to tutor in shared library spaces, if they can do so without disturbing others, or may use a walk-in Study Room per Library Study Room policy (see below) and availability. Tutors are limited to working with three students or fewer at a time.
Study Rooms: Walk-in availability only - these rooms cannot be reserved in advance
- You must sign the Sign-up Sheet on the door before using the room
- There is a (2) two hour time limit for room use
- If no one has signed up after your (2) two hour time limit, you can sign up for another (1) hour time frame
- If you fail to sign in on the Sign-up sheet, you may be asked to leave the room if another person is waiting for a room
- Please read the policy posted in the room or online in our Meeting Room Policy
Care and Use of a Meeting Room
- A group or customer using a meeting room may not make noise that disturbs another Library customer or the Library staff.
- A group or customer using a meeting room must completely vacate the room at least 15 minutes before the Library’s closing time.
- A group or customer must leave a meeting room in the condition in which the room was found.
- The Library does not set up or arrange furniture or equipment in a meeting room.
- If a group or customer rearranges the furniture, the group or customer must return the furniture to the original arrangement before leaving the room.
- A group or customer may not bring furniture or equipment from the main area of the library into a meeting room.
- A group may bring its own furniture or equipment into a meeting room with advance approval by the Facilities Manager.
- Arrangements for the use of such furniture or equipment must be made at the time the room is reserved.
- A group or customer must notify Facilities Manager or the Director when furniture or equipment is brought into the Library, and must promptly remove the furniture or equipment at the end of the meeting.
- A group or customer may not store equipment, furniture, supplies, or personal effects in a meeting room before or after use.
- A group or customer may not leave trash in a meeting room. A group that has produced trash during a meeting must remove that trash from the library at the end of the meeting.
- A group or customer may not affix, tape, or fix with an adhesive any item to any part of a meeting room, including a wall, door, window treatment, or woodwork. Nothing should touch or be attached to the room partitions.
- A group or customer must keep all doors unlocked at all times. Open aisles must be maintained within the seating arrangement to provide clear access to exits.
- A group or customer must use a public entrance for all access to and from the building, including all deliveries.
- Attendance at a meeting is limited to the capacity of the individual meeting room. Seating or furniture may not be placed in a corridor outside the meeting room.